Kilimanjaro Blind Trust Africa, KBTA serves children with visual impairments in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Rwanda by providing access to literacy and education and thus improving their lives. Our projects aim to use technology to improve access of Braille tools and learning materials for the learners with visual impairment. KBTA’s long term goal is to reduce the gap and bring the ration of access to Braille equipment to .:.
We are engaged to bring about social and economic inclusion for persons with visual impairment to access appropriate employment and become independent citizens.
A society where visually impaired and blind children can fulfill their potential for independent living through access to education
The Kilimanjaro Blind trust Africa exists to ensure that every student with a vision impairment advances in education through access to a functioning braille machine, adequate supply of braille paper and appropriate assistive technology.
Our Primary goals
- Ensure that every learner with visual impairment in East Africa and Malawi has access to appropriate Braille equipment and quality learning materials specially with the use of digital technology.
- Build and run the infrastructure required to track and maintain all Braille machines in East Africa and Malawi
- Increase access to affordable quality Braille paper, Brailler spare parts, and other necessary supplies
- Advocate on behalf of blind and visually impaired students from primary school through university
- Orient and empower learners to appropriates and suitable education that will lead to gainful employment.